.: Roland Coryn site
The Octet which I composed in 2010, 'A Kaleidoscope alike...' is a chamber music composition for four wind players and four strings, commisioned by the province of West-Flanders, Belgium, and written for the Ensemble Arco Baleno. It has been put on CD by these musicians and did come out at the beginning of May this year. The CD can be bought on the website of Arco Baleno www.arcobaleno.be/
- Some new scores are to be found on the section 'Works': Last I composed on request of Marc Michael De Smet, the conductor of chamber choir 'Aquarius', an a cappella composition on the famous poem written by Wilfred Owen 'Anthem for Doomed Youth'. It is a dirge in commemoration of all the fallen soldiers during that horrible Great War.
- 'Life' for mixed choir a cappella on a poem by Charlotte Bronte (SSAATTBB), and, 'Illumina faciem tuam' a motet for male choir a cappella (TTBB).
- We also shortly expect the publication on cd of my 'Divertimento for clarinet solo and concert band, with as soloist, Eddy Vanoosthuyze, accompanied by The Royal Belgian Band of the Guides.
- In 2012 we are expecting the publication by Edition Hoeflich in Muenchen of the entirety of my compositions for mixed a cappella choir based on English Poetry written by Dickinson, Blake, e.o. All the numbers will be separately available.
- Two new compositions for choir are to be found: A motet for male choir a cappella (TTBB) 'Haec est dies quam fecit Dominus', and, 'Sneeuw' for mixed choir a capella (SSAATTBB) on a poem by the flemish poet, Roland Jooris.
- Quilisma, Oudenaarde, is planning to perform the four motets for male choir a cappella during a concert in the coming month of May.
- The well-known trumpet player and professor at the Ghent Music Conservatory plans a CD-project in which he will make a compilation of the trumpet music composed in the second half of the preceding century in Belgium. He wants to involve in that project my 'Ballad for Trumpet and Piano' which he should perform with the pianist Geert Callaert.
- On the 24th, 25th and 26th of August will take place the recording of a Cd with music for mixed choir on English texts with the Ensemble Aquarius conducted by Marc-Michael De Smet. The recordings will take place at the Karel Miry Hall of the Ghent Music Conservatory. The CD will come out in the course of 2013 and shall be distributed by the Belgian Firm ' Phaedra'.
- On the 14th of December 2014 the creation of 'Memorial' a suite of three songs for a cappella mixed choir based on three poems by three 'War poets', will take place at the Saint Nicholas Church at 04.00 p.m. in Diksmuide, Belgium. The songs will be created by the Chamber Choir Aquarius conducted by Marc Michael Desmet.